Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Our Exodus


Sometimes I find myself confused and unsure if I am doing what I am meant to do. What was I born to do? The answer seems quite simple for any Christian, I was born to serve God. Simple but vague. How? This is probably my true question. More than that how does this impact my day to day life? While wiping my child’s nose or picking up after them or fretting over what to serve for dinner. As a Mother and a Wife it is easy to loose sight of the big picture.

My family and I are in the midst of packing and preparing to relocate. We are returning to our “homeland” it seems a bit ironic that I was lead to spend some time in the book of Exodus but fitting none the less. Our new home is quite a bit smaller so decisions have to be made. Every time I move I realize it is time to cut the fat return to simplicity and release some memories.

This is the place that God has prepared for us so that we may glorify him. I accept this wholeheartedly and yet with every new growth there is a bit of pain. I have met the most extraordinary group of women here and I have learned so much from them I will miss them terribly. These women encompass the true meaning of the word beautiful.

Thank you Lord for showing me your love and for refining my heart. I pray as we continue on this amazing journey I continue to grow closer to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment