Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Unexpected company

I did it! I got up at 6:30am today and I did not go back to bed.

I had plans and I was energized. I couldn't take my shower because I needed to wait for hot water. I didn't let that stop me I got up made coffee and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I turn around to see my lovely little girl standing there pouting about not saying goodbye to Daddy.

It seems my daughter is much more of a Daddy's girl than I ever knew. She hears his voice and she is instantly awake. So what about my quiet time? I give into her request for cartoons and set about getting some things done. I hung a load of laundry on the line and started another washing, fixed a bowl of rice for my little girl and read a few of my favorite blogs. I came up with a new plan.

I decided to use my shower time for praise and worship to prepare my heart before I had my quiet time. The boys slowly drifted out of there rooms to be fed and while they were watching cartoons I snuck off to enjoy my shower.

It seems I have a shadow today. My little girl followed me into my bedroom and sat outside my bathroom asking me every few minutes why I was singing with the radio and if I was done yet. I can't help but laugh. While I was getting dressed I grabbed clean clothes for her and we spent time brushing our hair and putting lotion on. Ok good girly time I needed that.

As I was starting a new load of laundry in the washer my wonderful Uncle and landlord shows up with his son and a tractor. This time I laugh out loud. I never know what my day will bring so I better just smile.

I send my boys outside to help, hang another load on the line and smile because my daughter is now my Uncles shadow. I head inside to clean up the kitchen, turn on some praise music and start over.

What does God say about plans? The Bible teaches me that God is a God of both purpose and planning. Also that all of my planning is nothing without God.

James 4:14-15 says
 "14Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appearethvanisheth away.
 15For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that."


I get it. I am teaching my daughter how to be a Godly Woman. I am thankful that the spirit helped me stay calm and roll with the rythym of my morning. It didn't go as I planned but Gods plan was so much better. I don't know if I will be able to stay as calm and lighthearted as I was this morning but I am confident that if I continue in prayer it's very possible. Neat right?


Blessings Always,
Cassandra
P.S. please ignore any mispellings my spell check isn't working. HaHa

1 comment:

  1. I've been having days like this all week. All you can do is stand back, laugh and thank Heavenly Father for all the blessing in your life.

    ReplyDelete