Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Proverbs 31 and laziness.

This morning during my quiet time I was given a sharp reminder about my love of sleep. I sleep a lot. I must admit that and frankly I am embarrassed to say I at times border on lazy. I enjoy staying up late watching movies or playing video games (*blush*). I know that these actions do nothing to glorify my God nor do they bless my family in any way.

Proverbs 31:15 says "She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens." A woman of great virtue will rise before dawn. Hmm it is so not me, but here is the cool part, it can be. God has given me the ability to be this woman. So why don't I use it? Another verse in Proverbs warns us of laziness verse 20:13 says, " Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread."

So here I sit completely convicted but not at all feeling sorry for myself. (Amazing how the spirit works.) Today it is my mission to fix this problem. I realize I need to make myself a schedule so that's what I am working on today. Finding my rhythm is also going to help me accomplish this task.

Thank God for his mercy and for showing me such grace. I am so blessed to be forgiven!!
"Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:" Colossians 1:12-14

Blessings Always
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment