Saturday, August 13, 2011

Focus

A few years ago I found out that I am an inattentive type ADD personality. Not a big surprise to those who know me best. I really don't see it as a disorder but really a personality type. God made me this way for a reason. I struggle with it most when my schedule gets thrown off by sickness or unexpected events. I am not the most organized person in the world but I have found that I work best when I have a detailed schedule written out. If I get sick, like I did this last week, my schedule gets thrown off and then I get behind which leads to feeling like I have to catch up and then to feeling overwhelmed and then an anxiety attack.

With all of my kiddos in school during the day I find myself spacing off more than usual. This isn't good because it leads to me disconnecting from everyone around me. It takes alot of energy to overcome these little obstacles but I'm trying so hard. The last 3 days have been my worst in a long time. I can't seem to clear my head and focus on the tasks in front of me. It's times like this when I would reach out to my closest friends and ask them to come over and chat with me while I cleaned the kitchen or folded laundry. That's really how I get the most done in the least amount of time. It also helps to keep the depression at bay that creeps up on me when left in my own thoughts to long.

My goal for this next week is to stay the course and tweak my schedule a bit more. So join me in praying for focus on what I should be doing so that i may be a blessing to my Husband and my Children.

Blessings Always,
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment