Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm not Perfect.

We have all said those words before right? When met with criticism we say well I'm not perfect what more do you want? Is it really that we aren't perfect or that we are uncomfortable with examining ourselves and plucking out that imperfection? I use it sometimes as an excuse, like somehow it's a good reason to say something or do something offensive.

I am about halfway through the book of Matthew and one thing that has been eating at me the past few days has been this word "Perfect." What is so scary about perfect? More than that does the word perfect hold the same meaning to everyone? OK so enough questions.

Matthew 5:48 says Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Jesus said this while he was teaching the multitudes on a mountainside. Otherwise know as "the Sermon on the Mount." So maybe I am crazy but there it is Be Perfect. Really? It baffles the mind.

So to apply this in my own life I have decided that maybe I need to take criticism with grace and really listen when others call me out on things. I have never really tried to be perfect, I wonder what would happen if I ever put some effort behind it.

Now just so people don't get worried I am not one of those that will really get hung up on trying to be perfect all the time to the point that I would end up in a mental institution.

But really Read Matthew yourself  I think you will like it :) The end of Chapter 5 is like a bit of a Nike commercial "Just Do It" lol.

My next post I'll talk about Parables, Oh yeah fun stuff sure to entertain.

Blessings Always
Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment