Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Testimony part one- The early years.

After much prayerful consideration I have realized I need to stop procrastinating and just spill it already. Eventually I want this on it's own tab at the top of my blog but I don't know how to do that yet. So here goes.

I was raised in Southern California and I think we started attending Green Hills Baptist Church when I was 3 years old. Just to be clear not all of my memories will be 100% accurate but I am writing it how I remember it. My Dad was raised Baptist and my Mom was raised Lutheran they are both amazing people. We went to church as a family pretty sporadically. As soon as I was old enough I started to ride the bus to church. I tried my hardest not to miss a single Sunday and the only time I did is when my family had plans out of town. I also attended choir practice on Wednesday evening and often begged my Dad for a ride until he gave in even when he was utterly exhausted.

I loved going to Church. I didn't always fit in with the other Church kids and I had very few Church friends but I got to meet with God there so I loved it. I would sing at the top of my lungs,include all hand motions or marching with great zeal, and I would worship with my entire soul. By the time I was 10 years old I had heard the Gospel message thousands of times. I had heard the invitation to accept God into my heart just as many times. I never not once raised my hand. I was painfully shy and I was terrified. One Sunday I was enjoying "children's church" when he invitation was given and  I felt my heart swell up like it was about to explode. I slowly inched my hand up, I was terrified. I was taken aside by Mr.& Mrs. Aguirre who I highly respected and admired. What a relief I felt after praying for Jesus to enter my heart. I can remember this like it was yesterday.

Shortly after I accepted Christ I was baptized. Again I remember it like it was yesterday. When I rose out of the water I felt so incredibly clean and shiny. I have no other words to explain it. I couldn't stop smiling and I felt like I was literally glowing from the inside out.

I continued to attend Church until my family and I moved and I'm not sure why but we never searched for another Church.

Tomorrow I will post Part 2: the drift away.

Blessings Always
Cassandra.

No comments:

Post a Comment