Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Testimony part three: The slow return

At 20 years old I married the man of my dreams. I had visions of late night Bible studies and deep meaningful prayer with this strong man of God that I would forever be bound to. I really expected that he would shape me into this Godly Woman that I so desired to be. I truly believed that once we were married he would magically change into some sort of super Christian. Turns out I was wrong and I soon found out that my husband had many of the same struggles I did.

The first ten years of our marriage wasn't entirely bad but we weren't nice to each other and we weren't good stewards and we really had no idea what we were doing. (LOL) I let some weeds grow in my heart, I didn't protect it as I should. What a mess!

So here I am still so very blessed. The strange thing is that even when I was pulling away from God I continued to receive his blessings not only on myself but also on my marriage. He has always provided for us and our family and has been so patient just waiting for this day.

Now I return. I have received so much grace that I do not deserve. Even at my worst most selfish, lying and ugly God loved me and waited. He waited for me to run back to Him weeping and broken and ready to be what He had always known I would be. Truly a prodigal daughter.

Blessings Always
Cassandra

1 comment:

  1. love this. Thanks for sharing this! God is just so good to all of us, even in the moments where we feel least diserving. I love His grace!

    And thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete