Monday, July 25, 2011

Ruined?

One of my greatest fears as a Mother is that I will ruin my children. Already I see signs that I haven't been doing something right. Lately I feel like the Spirit has been bringing the worldliness (is that a word?) of my family into focus and I don't like what I see. Then the scary thoughts start that cause me great anxiety, is it to late, are we ruined forever, are we destined to feel disconnected from our savior by our own selfishness?  *Deep Breath* I feel the tears creeping up on me. The more I focus on God the more I feel pulled in two separate directions. Why is this? Am I being to "Religious"? Am I taking it to far? Is this not what I was created for? Do I need to be careful about the number of times I mention God's name to my children? How can this be? The Bible directs us to constantly keep our eyes on Jesus.

This tearing away of my old self is painful and bewildering. So much of what I have known about myself is not so and yet so much of myself has been brought back to life in Him. For His glory. The only one I can change is myself and by constant learning and constant prayer the hearts of others will change also.

All I know to be absolutely true is this, I was created by Him for Him and to Him I will forever be grateful.

Blessings Always,
Cass

2 comments:

  1. I worry about this same thing everyday. The closer I feel myself get to my Lord and Savior the more I feel like my children are being exposed Way to much to the corrupt world. I struggle with what to make a big deal out of and what to relax about. I remember thinking that my own mother was a little over board on thinking that Everything was evil, but the older I get the more I find myself thinking and feeling more and more like her. I think You should go with your gut; or more appropriately phrased, listen to the wisperings of the Holy Spirit. Follow those promptings as much as you can and all will turn out well in the end. I'm working on doing the same thing. I do know that every time I listen and follow those promptings I am blessed. And the more I do it the more often I feel guided. It becomes easier and easier to recognize the right way. :D Love you Cass. Miss your beautiful spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassandra, the Lord wanted to bless you in a special way, to let you know that He hears the cries of your heart and that He is right there beside you, ready to walk you through.

    I am so blessed to have met you through the Doorposts giveaway and even more blessed to see that the Lord chose YOU to receive those charts. I am your newest follower and I look forward to seeing how God is working in your family.

    May I share this post on my blog Facebook page? I think it will bless the socks off of my readers.

    Please send me your mailing address:
    cheryl.a.long@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete